Ridgid Drill/Driver Review – R860052K
Solid performing drill for the mid-tier market – handyman / DYI’er. It will accomplish most tasks without a problem and it’s always nice to have RIDGID’s free parts and service for Life with registration. We like that it includes a case and battery level indicator but missed what I would consider an easy add on in a led light.
The Tool Space may receive compensation through eligible purchases from our links. We are independently owned and purchase all the materials we review. We test every product and rate them based off performance/value. Thanks for valuing our content and reviews.
Available on Amazon and Home Depot
What We Like
- Molded, Ergonomic grip
- 2 Batteries and Carry Case
- 2 Speed gear box, with all metal gears for extended durability
- Free Parts and Labor Service for Life with Registration
What We Don't Like
- Not brushless impacting the wear and tear / longevity
- Battery feels loose when attached, it stays on, but wobbles
- No LED light
I like the no slip grip. The unit is heavy and bulky but didn’t feel solid, in fact the battery actually wobbles. I wasn’t worried of it coming off, but just the back and forth doesn’t make for a solid feel. Like the two batteries, charger is a good size in that it didn’t feel like my phone charger like the Porter Cable PCC621LB but was small enough to carry around. Tool Bag is an added bonus.
- 1/2 Inch Chuck
- Volts – 18V Max
- Two-speed gear train (high-low)
- Up to 500 in.lbs of Torque
- RPM – 0-500 / 0-1,750\
- Torque adjustment ring, 24 Position Clutch
- Dimensions: 9 x 3.5 x 8.25 inches (H * W * D)
- Weighs 7.4 lbs
- Bit Storage for convenience
- Battery Status Light
- 1-4 Driving Small Screws
- 5-8 Driving screws into soft material
- 9-12 Driving screws into soft and hard materials
- 13-16 Driving screws into hard wood
- 17-20 Driving large screws
- 21 – Drill Icon For heavy drilling
The Ridgid R860052K is a solid drill that will suite most. We like Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement (detailed below) and this has enough power for most projects. This particular model out sized and weighted all the other models we tested, so don’t expect to use it in tight spots. However, that size and weight also give it the solid feel. It is nice to have a second battery and decent charging station included as you will need them if you plan on using the drill for a couple hours. When it comes down to it, the Ridgid R860052K will serve a homeowner well for a good 3-5 years without to much to complain about – The Tool Space users: DIY and Handyman
Lifetime Service Agreement
- Once you have made you purchase you have to register your product (within 90 days of purchase) and submit proof of purchase (has to have been purchased from Home Depot) for processing approval. This warranty provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set out in the Agreement.
- Must bring the equipment to an authorized RIDGID service center here: https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/service-centers-repair
Tool Space Recommendation
We recommend this tool to the following skill levels.