Porter Cable – PCC621LB Drill Review
This is a good everyday drill with a good blend of affordability and power that will fit most general needs. We like that it includes two batteries but don’t like the deceptive advertising as it’s really only an 18V machine.
The Tool Space may receive compensation through eligible purchases from our links. We are independently owned and purchase all the materials we review. We test every product and rate them based off performance/value. Thanks for valuing our content and reviews.
This drill won’t impress your friends but it will get the job done. It serves as an affordable work hose that will meet the needs of most of the general population. Nothing overly impresses but it does have some nice features such as the LED work light (engaged by the trigger), 2 batteries and fair warranty.
It performs well accomplishing light to medium tasks. Was nice to have 2 batteries to charge one while working with the other – based on my experience this worked well and I wasn’t without a drill for a period of time.
Nothing stands out as flashy, but I believe that’s what Porter Cable wanted, a good everyday drill. I classify this as a good DYI drill and handyman. Check out the closest repair center to make sure you at least get your year of free service. Otherwise the 3 year tool warranty is pretty good since the batteries can be purchased fairly cheap (around $30).
What We Like
- Solid Feel
- Bit Tip Storage
- LED Light located at trigger
- Looks like a Stormtrooper
- 2 Batteries
- 2 Speed, 24 position clutch
What We Don't Like
- Not Brushless impacting the wear and tear / longevity.
- No case
- Advertises 20 V but if you look closer that’s based on Maximum initial battery pack voltage (measured without a workload). Nominal voltage is 18…
- No Battery Level indicator
- Heavy / Bulky
The “Stormtrooper” with rubber mold on the handle and on top. Decent design and construct to this drill. It feels good in your hand, not overly heavy (not surprising light either). All the configurations work well such as the 23 clutch settings, trigger switch and the low/high torque gearing on top making this a decent all in one machine.
- 1/2 Inch Ratcheting Chuck
- Powerful 2-Speed Transmission
- 1500 Max RPM’s for speed of Fastening
- Compact Size of 8.7 inches and lightweight at 3.6 lbs for less user fatigue
- Bit Storage for convenience
- Volts – 20V Max
- RPM – 0-350 / 0-1,500
- Max Watts Out – 287
- BPM – 0-25,500
- Capacity – 1 inch Wood / 1/2 Inch Steel
- PTI Toque – 265 In – LBS
Recommended for: DIY and Handyman
- 3 Year Limited Warranty (Tool Only)
- 1 Year Free Service
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Tool Space Recommendation
We recommend this tool to the following skill levels.