How Doers Get More Done
Home Depot is not your mom and pop Hardware store anymore. This brand has developed into a behemoth in the home improvement space. They deliver products and services that touch the entire scope of construction and home improvement industry.
Home Depot is not your mom and pop Hardware store anymore. This brand has developed into a behemoth in the home improvement space. They deliver products and services that touch the entire scope of the construction and home improvement industry.
- Largest Home Improvement Retailer in the world (based on net sales in 2019)
- Offer building materials, home improvement products, lawn and garden products, and décor products and provide a number of services, including home improvement installation services and tool and equipment rental.
- Maintain a network of distribution and fulfillment centers, as well as a number of e-commerce websites
“The Home Depot’s distinct competitive advantages and overarching benefits of an interconnected, One Home Depot strategy give us the ability to quickly adapt to shifts in consumer needs, preferences and behaviors.”
Home Depot seeks to seamlessly blend the digital and physical store fronts through an $11 Billion investment program in to this effort. They are focusing on 6 Key segments to deliver this:
- Product & Innovation
- Interconnected & Digital Experience
- Pro & Services
- Supply Chain & Delivery
Perhaps one of the biggest growth opportunities, in 2018, HD announced it would be consolidating it’s MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) business, formerly known as Interline, into it’s Pro Initiative (Home Depot Pro). Within this segment, Pro’s have access to a comprehensive offering that includes a combination of the HD store network, a dedicated sales force, quality and affordable products and HD brands, the HD delivery network, and online business solutions that comprise the Pro ecosystem which includes specialized programs such as an expanded MRO assortment, inventory management solutions, custom product offerings, in-store Pro desk and Pro services, and enhanced credit programs.
This unit serves business customers within hotels, hospitals, apartment/condominium property managers, educational institutions, government agencies, commercial property managers and housing authorities.
Home Depots has registered/applied for trademarks, service marks copyrights and internet domain names (both domestically and internationally) for use in their business. They also maintain patent portfolios related to some products and services.
- HDX – Home Depot’s Storage and Organization Brand
- Husky – Tools, of which include 144-position tight-fit ratchet sets and storage solutions
- Hampton Bay – ceiling fans and lighting fixtures
- Home Decorators Collection – Furniture // Purchased by Home Depot in 2006
- Glacier Bay – Faucets, sinks, toilets, mirrors and bath vanities
- Vigoro – Lawn and Garden related products. Beautiful Years and Gardens since 1924.
- Everbilt – Hardware and fastener related products
- Lifeproof – carpet, tiles and vinyl flooring
Featured Kobalt Product Categories
- Kobalt 24-Volt MAX Power Tools
- Kobalt Hand Tools
- Kobalt Air Compressor & Air Tools
- Kobalt Outdoor Tools & Equipment
- Including their 40-Volt and 80-Volt Outdoor Power Equipment
- Kobalt Tool Storage & Garage Organization
- Kobalt Personalized Products
- Rachet Sets and Bottle Openers
- Chem-Dry – an upholstery and carpet cleaning franchise that HD bought in 2005
- BEHR paint products – owned by Masco, sold principally through HD stores.
- Ryobi and Homelite – through partnering with Techtronic Industries (link) who manufactures power tools
Share This Page
The Tool Space may receive compensation through eligible purchases from our links. We are independently owned and purchase all the materials we review. We test every product and rate them based off performance/value. Thanks for valuing our content and reviews.